10 Tips to Ensure your PPC AdWords Campaign is Successful
Learn your ‘Metrics’ that apply to your campaign, once you have established your cost factors, CPC, CTR, CPA, average order values, average profit per order, then you can ‘scale’ up your campaign comfortable in the knowledge you will gain sales at a cost to ensure your investment is a viable ROI [Return on your Investment] A well set up and well managed PPC campaign is measurable, controllable and a cost effective way to advertise to drive targeted traffic to your site and generate income.
Once you know your Metrics It doesn’t matter what you spend as you can be assured of sales revenues that exceeds the cost. If you don’t do your homework you can easily spend far more than you generate in sales.
- Set your budget low at the outset and take your time.
- Test and trial your campaign, you can never do enough testing.
- Go for Exact match on search terms, you want your ‘ads’ to appear for exactly what you’re selling.
- Make good use of the Google keyword tool to establish what people do search for and match against your advertised list of search terms in your campaign.
- Set your negative keywords and continually review them.
- Decide if you want mobile search results or not.
- Make subtle changes to your landing pages, colours, buttons, positioning, call to action.
- Learn to interpret traffic statistics in Google Analytics and feed back into your campaign, small changes can be all it takes to greatly improve your campaigns performance.
- Ensure all calls received are questioned to establish what phrase they searched for and track the results to back into your campaign.
- Take advice from an independent PPC specialist; listen to a couple of companies who have a proven track record of setting up, testing and managing AdWords campaigns. The management fee’s will save you a lot more in time and money than you trying to learn what is a very complex sophisticated advertising medium designed to spend your money.
Diamonds are measured in 4C’s [Colour / Clarity / Carat / Cut]. Your PPC Adwords Campaign is measured in the 3C’s
- CPC – Cost Per Click
- CTR – Click Through Rate
- CPA – Cost Per Acqusition
Get it right – Get good advice